A proud salute to you all, dear old comrades...

Go down

A proud salute to you all, dear old comrades...

Post  Morgana on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:59 am

I've been absent since the decline of UO and the directly linked voluntary collapse of NDK.

As some of you may or may not know my PC was, to use the kindest words possible to describe it, decrepit, moribund (yes, yes look it up - alan partridge fans will know exactly what I'm on about hihi), incapable, in severe and terminal decline and not fit for purpose. Despite this I endeavoured to continue playing UO with NDK and actually, considering the above, we did rather well - 2 years of playing like this taught me patience, humility, patience (yes i know ive said patience twice now but with a pc like that you REALLY learn patience, so I thought it worth mentioning twice hehe) and actually to almost adapt to be able to play with that setup, knowing there was nothing I could do about it.

Unfortunately when we left UO it was no longer a case of 'Morgana will strive on despite the PC problems and will wade through the lag and freezes and crashes, bravely taking on the enemy with her guildmates'. The fact is, the PC just wouldn't be able to play Darkfall. Simple as that. End of discussion.

Since we last spoke and played UO together, the PC has taken further steps to reduce itself in my estimation, which I didn't even know could be possible considering how bad it was before. It now cannot operate without the case wall off, or else it crashes (yes ive cleaned it dont worry im technically clued up, pc wise), my hard drive now makes more noise than an arthritic 90 year old man being forced to swing hastily from monkey bars overhead whilst being prodded by a large stick and then shaken about and vibrated on a special machine every 10 seconds to really set off his condition into a frenzy. Firefox takes 3 minutes to load. If the PC doesn't crash that is. And when it is loaded, woe betide the user who attempts to open more than just the one inital tab. Woe betide him indeed. If i open an excel document, and then perhaps try to do my daily update for my AVG anti-virus databse at the same time, I can expect to wait 1, 2, possibly even 3 hours for both to be opened up ready for viewing or execution.

I could go on, but I won't. It's enough that I've had to tolerate this for so long, no need to inflict it's pain any further.

Anyway, the reason I'm posting this is because, evidently, the old PC is no more. Well, not technically just yet, but a new PC is on the way, IMMINENTLY, you have no idea how pleased this makes me and quite logically, this awesome news directly means and allows me to make my return to the fold. It sounds like you're falling apart without me in truth so I thought I'd better get back to you guys and the guild pronto before you all died and rage-quit. lol.

All joking and waffling aside though, great to be back, can't wait to get stuck in, see you VERY soon in game - please add me to the ranks/guildlists and permit me relevent access to forums/private boards.

Cheers all.

Darren aka Morgana

Morgana
Aos Nubi
Aos Nubi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A proud salute to you all, dear old comrades...

Post  Vor'Dus [DiE] on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:00 am

Cho can add you Smile

Agent of Evil

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thorn on Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:14 am

hey Morg!

Thorn
Keeper of Lies
Keeper of Lies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Morpheus on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:57 pm

WoW! nice introduction former FoE Razz
look forward to seeing you ingame!

Morpheus
Aos Nubi
Aos Nubi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down